My Mission

Thursday, September 25, 2014


Hi everyone. I have some news to share with you.

After seeing a doctor in Juarez and struggling with severely debilitating migraines, and after counseling with President Derbez, my stake president and parents, it was decided that I would return home to Utah.

Tonight I was honorably released from my mission. The mission doesn't end here though. My job as a missionary is not complete, and won't be complete until the day I die. It was difficult to remove the nametag after I was released, but I know I need to be here at this time. I don't know what the future will hold but I have a lot of hope. 

Although at this time I am not sure if I will return to full-time missionary service, I am very proud of the work I was able to do in the few short weeks I was able to be a servant of the Lord. I have no regrets and I know that I am where the Lord needs me at this time. I want to bear my testimony that I know that the Church is true and that it is His restored gospel. Through the gospel and priesthood, we can be blessed to live with our Father again someday and we can be sealed with our families forever,

Thank you so much for your examples to me throughout my life and in the recent weeks and months. I love you all so much. If you want to see me or talk at all, about my experiences in the mission, or life, or whatever, I would love to see and hear from you.

As always... make me proud. 

(also.. apparently this email account will be deactivated soon so don't try and email back here. My email address is katie.savvy.steele@gmail.com)